Jan 2014: I filled up all of January playing in people's front rooms, conseratories and kitchens. I had so much fun seeing meeting people's families, sharing food (mainly cheese and pineapple) and seeing so much cool music played in the intimate and warm spaces of people's homes -I declared then that I'd like to do this every year for the rest of the 20 year project.
So, now's the time to book it up.
The steps are:
1. Get in touch.
2. Let's sort out a date (all fridays and saturdays have gone)
3. Invite some people around to sit on your chairs/floor.
4. Have fun.
1. You don't have to travel (because that seems like something people hate doing)
2. You get to interject and join in.
3. It's a nice way to keep the heating costs down.
4. Cheese and pineapple.
There are none. If you're worried about your neighbours then be assured the music will be only as loud as the room demands. There will be no PA towers or fancy lights (unless you provide them - like last year at Olly and Marianne's place...). It's a good excuse to talk to your neighbours and get to know them if anything.
So, let's fill up the diary. Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org